Please see the information below regarding online sport registration on Final Forms for the 2019-2020 school year. You can sign up for one sport per season. If considering a sport but are unsure, please delay registering until you decide to play. Online registration will remain open throughout the year but will close a week into each sport season. Complete online registration includes:
- Parent filling out online registration forms
- Student reading and signing forms sent to them automatically at their district apps.nsd.org email after the parent has registered them
- Submitting a current physical to Mrs. Spencer in the main office. Physicals are valid for two years. Unfortunately, we can no longer access physicals that were uploaded to FamilyID last year so if a physical from last year is still valid and was uploaded, we will need a copy of it turned in to the office.
NOTE FOR SEASON 3 SPORTS: Girls basketball and wrestling for grades 6-8 is offered during season 3. The first day for 7th and 8th grade girls basketball tryouts and wrestling turnout is Tuesday, January 21st. The 6th grade girls basketball team will start on Tuesday, January 28th (non-cut sport). Students will need to bring their gear with them for practice/tryouts and store it in their locker. When school releases at 3:10pm, athletes bring their school backpacks and sports gear to the locker room to change and then report to your sport's location (gym) no later than 3:20pm. Only those athletes with the Final Forms online registration complete with a current physical on file will be able to participate/tryout.
For cut sports, tryouts usually last about one week before cuts are made. No athletic fee payments will be accepted until the 2nd week of each sports season. Reminder that your student must also have an ASB card. All practices begin in the locker rooms at 3:20 and end at 4:45 pm on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. There are activity buses available to take students home after practices at 4:50 pm on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. Transportation is provided by bus to games but not back to Leota.
Eligibility: Athletes must have 8 participating practices, grade eligibility and all fees paid before competing in a game/match.
Fees: Payable by check to LMS/cash in the Main office or by credit/debit card online at https://schoolsales.nsd.org, beginning the SECOND week of each sports season. Payment must be made before the first game/match in order to compete.
- The ASB card fee will be $30.00 (Current fee)
- The athletic participation fee will be $100.00 per sport with a cap of $200.00 for the year
- Participation Fee is $100 or $70 for two or more siblings participating in same season ($200 max./year)
- ASB Card is $30 per year, due before first game/match
- Passing 5 classes in a 6 period class schedule in the previous semester (WIAA 18.7.0)
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA in the previous semester (Northshore School District)
- Continued requirement of currently passing 5 of 6 classes within the season (WIAA 18.7.3)
- There are activity buses available to take students home after practices. Activity buses leave Leota at 4:50pm.
- Transportation is provided by bus to games but not back to Leota. Parents and guardians are responsible for student transportation after games.
- Practices are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, except for game days.
- All practices begin at 3:20 p.m. and end at 4:45 p.m.