Please see the information below regarding online sport registration on Final Forms for the 2019-2020 school year. You can sign up for one sport per season. If considering a sport but are unsure, please delay registering until you decide to play. Online registration will remain open throughout the year but will close a week into each sport season. Complete online registration includes:
- Parent filling out online registration forms
- Student reading and signing forms sent to them automatically at their district apps.nsd.org email after the parent has registered them
- Submitting a current physical to Mrs. Spencer in the main office. Physicals are valid for two years. Unfortunately, we can no longer access physicals that were uploaded to FamilyID last year so if a physical from last year is still valid and was uploaded, we will need a copy of it turned in to the office.
NOTE FOR SEASON 2 SPORTS: Boys basketball for grades 6-8 is offered during season 2. The first day for 7th and 8th grade boys basketball tryouts is Monday, November 4th (both teams are cut sports). The 6th grade boys basketball team will start on Tuesday, November 12th (non-cut sport). Students will need to bring their gear with them for practice/tryouts and store it in their locker. When school releases at 3:10pm, athletes bring their school backpacks and sports gear to the locker room to change and then report to your sport's location (gym) no later than 3:20pm. Only those athletes with the Final Forms online registration complete with a current physical on file will be able to participate/tryout.
For cut sports, tryouts usually last about one week before cuts are made. No athletic fee payments will be accepted until the 2nd week of each sports season. Reminder that your student must also have an ASB card. All practices begin in the locker rooms at 3:20 and end at 4:45 pm on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. There are activity buses available to take students home after practices at 4:50 pm on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. Transportation is provided by bus to games but not back to Leota.
Eligibility: Athletes must have 8 participating practices, grade eligibility and all fees paid before competing in a game/match.
Fees: Payable by check to LMS/cash in the Main office or by credit/debit card online at https://schoolsales.nsd.org, beginning the SECOND week of each sports season. Payment must be made before the first game/match in order to compete.
- The ASB card fee will be $30.00 (Current fee)
- The athletic participation fee will be $100.00 per sport with a cap of $200.00 for the year
- Participation Fee is $100 or $70 for two or more siblings participating in same season ($200 max./year)
- ASB Card is $30 per year, due before first game/match
- Passing 5 classes in a 6 period class schedule in the previous semester (WIAA 18.7.0)
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA in the previous semester (Northshore School District)
- Continued requirement of currently passing 5 of 6 classes within the season (WIAA 18.7.3)
- Season 1 (September - October)
- Season 2 (November - January)
- Season 3 (February - March)
- Season 4 (April - May)
Registration is done online through FinalForms. Your information is saved from season-to-season and year-to-year, making the registration process quick and easy.
All students participating in a middle school sport must purchase an ASB card for $30. These funds directly support the year-to-year cost of the athletic programs.
There is a $100 fee for each sport. Individuals participating in more than one season will pay a maximum of $280 per school year.
Families with two or more students participating during the same season will be charged $70 per participant up to a family limit of $280 per school year.
Families with two or more students participating at both high school and middle school level will have a family limit of $396.
Fees do not guarantee a roster spot or playing time.
- Have a current physical on file with the main office.
- Physicals are valid for two years from the exam date and must be valid through the entire season.
- It is the student's responsibility to check on the expiration date.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 and be passing at five of six classes.
- Pay all required and any outstanding fees/fines. (ASB card, sports participation fee, etc.) Students will not be allowed to participate in games, meets or matches until ALL fees are paid.
- Students must attend two of three academic periods on a block day or four of six academic periods on a six-period day to be eligible for that day’s game/event.
If you do not have medical insurance, we provide information regarding student accident and health insurance coverage administered by Myers-Stevens & Toohey, Inc. Coverage is available for:
- Interscholastic Tackle Football
- School-Time Accident Plan
- Full-Time 24/7 Accident Plan
- Accident & Sickness Plan
- Dental Accident Plan
These low cost plans are used by many school districts across the state. Although they are not the only provider of this type of coverage, they have been recommended by our Washington Schools Risk Management Pool.
You will need the following information to allow for accurate completion of your online registration:
- Basic Medical History & Health Information
- Insurance Company & Policy Number
- Doctor & Dentist Contact Information
- Hospital Preference
Creating an Account
FinalForms sends an email to parents and students with steps to create a FinalForms account. Emails are only sent if the is in grades 6-12. The student must be enrolled in the Northshore School District before an account creation email is sent. If you need assistance creating your account, please contact FinalForms technical support.
Registering a Student
- Visit https://northshore-wa.finalforms.com/
- Click LOGIN under the Parent icon.
- Click INCOMPLETE FORMS.
- Select the sports for which you would like to register. Your selection can be changed at any time prior to the registration deadline.
- Complete each form and sign your full name in the Parent Signature field at the bottom of the page. After signing a form, click SUBMIT FORM and move on to the next form.
- You will see a “Forms Finished” message when all forms are complete.
- If required, an email will automatically be sent to the your student, prompting them to complete the forms requiring their signature.
- Click MY STUDENTS when you are done. Repeat steps 3 - 6 for additional students.
- If you need to update your information, click the UPDATE FORMS button.
- If a student is injured, has an illness that ends participation or withdraws from school before the mid-point of a season, a full refund will be granted if requested.
- If more than 50% of the season is completed, a 50% refund will be granted.
- Any student who quits a team will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students who prepay and are cut from a team will be issued a full refund.
- There are activity buses available to take students home after practices. Activity buses leave Leota at 4:50pm.
- Transportation is provided by bus to games but not back to Leota. Parents and guardians are responsible for student transportation after games.
- Practices are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, except for game days.
- All practices begin at 3:20 p.m. and end at 4:45 p.m.