(Study, Tutor, Advise & Research)
Leota will have STAR Time on Tuesday and Thursdays this year. Students may do research, homework, work in small groups on projects, do word processing, and complete any other school assignments. Students will have access to research materials, books, and computers. Help is available, but this is not private tutoring.
Report to the library for STAR time no later than 3:20. At the end of STAR Time, students will be release to take the activity buses home or parents can pick students up. All school rules apply, so there are no snacks or drinks allowed in the library. If students need a snack after school, they may eat it between 3:10 and 3:20 before reporting to the library.
STAR Time Expectations
1. Be in the library by 3:20.
2. Sign in and sign out on the clipboard.
3. Fill out bus pass before you leave.
4. Stay in the library until 4:40.
5. Acceptance after 3:20 only with a pass from another teacher or be walked to the library by that teacher (and only if prearranged).
6. No food or drinks in the library.
7. Use bathroom pass and sign out on clipboard. Use only 700 building restrooms.
8. Be prepared with all belongings. No locker access.
9. The library is a learning environment. Be respectful and work quietly.
10. Clean up after yourself before leaving.
11. All school rules apply during STAR Time.
12. Computers for academic purposes only. No games or other electronics, including cell phone use, per school policy.
13. Sit no more than two per table.
14. Not private tutoring time. This is for general intervention support time.
15. Is a voluntary, structured study time. Students will not be assigned by teachers.