National Junior Honor Society
The purpose of the National Junior Honor Society is
- To create enthusiasm for Scholarship
- To stimulate a desire to render Service
- To promote Leadership
- To develop Character
- To encourage Citizenship
You can begin serving your volunteer hours for the 2023-2024 academic year immediately. Please join the Leota NJHS Schoology group for the most up-to-date information about this club. The Schoology group access code is: G7JX-TP52-VZRCV
Ten or more service hours need to be completed any time before March 29, 2024. In general, your service needs to be performed at a non-profit organization, and needs to be for underserved and/or disadvantaged populations (to include hospitals, day care facilities, schools, after school clubs, homeless populations, eldercare, disabled individuals, animal rescue/care, environmental work, libraries, places of worship, veterans' services, and more). You may also volunteer for your neighbors as long as no compensation (monetary or otherwise) has been given.
Two or more of your service hours need to be completed at Leota. This can include WEB, helping at Curriculum Night, helping with a club, helping a teacher, etc. We will also plan some service projects for throughout the year.
Please refer to the Schoology group for meeting information or check the Leota daily announcement slides.
The following is the requirements for application:
- GPA: 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Completed 10 or more hours of verified community service hours, 2 of which need to be Leota hours
- Personal narrative essay (only required for new members)
- Exemplary citizenship: no detentions, Saturday schools, or suspensions
- Must join NJHS Schoology group before the end of first semester (January 26, 2024)
- Application submitted by 3:00pm, March 29st, 2024.