NOTE: 2022-23 ACTIVITY BUS INFO WILL BE POSTED IN LATE AUGUST RIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS.
Activity buses are a service available for students who are participating in after-school clubs, activities, and sports. Buses run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday and leave Leota at approximately 4:20pm. There are two activity buses with skeleton routes around Leota's service area. Students must have an activity bus pass signed by their teacher/coach in order to ride an activity bus. Below are the routes with maps. Students are encouraged to write their bus number and stop number in the first page of their planner for future reference. Parents, please review the maps and bus stops below discuss with your student which bus to take and stop to get off at. This information is not available on the transportation website. Here are the details:
· Activity buses are available for Leota students who participate in supervised after school activities such as sports, clubs, detention, etc.
· Activity buses will depart Leota at 4:20pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays throughout the school year.
· The Activity buses cover the entire Leota service area (normally covered by 14 afternoon buses). They are longer routes with centrally located stops. Students are expected to walk home from the stop or be met by a parent.
· Stop times vary depending on the number of students riding, traffic, and weather. Please plan to be at the stop at 4:30pm for the first few times if your student needs to be met a parent. After a few days of riding you could have a more accurate stop time.
· Students must obtain an activity bus pass EACH DAY they ride from the teacher/supervisor/coach of the after school activity. The pass must be filled out completely, including the bus stop location and handed to the driver prior to departure.
· Parents are encouraged to review the maps and example Activity passes with stops listed (All posted on the Leota website) and work with your student to decide which bus to board and stop to get off at. (Maps include landmarks and development names). It is very helpful for your student to know their address.